The auto-enrolment solution for Northern Ireland

Where can I get financial advice or guidance?

Posted in General News and Newsletters

If you need help the Money and Pensions Service brings together three respected financial guidance bodies: the Money Advice Service, The Pensions Advisory Service and Pension Wise.

Financial Advisers

It’s important you make the best decision for your own personal circumstances, so you should consider using the services of a financial adviser.  If you do opt for an adviser, be sure to use one that is regulated by the FCA and never take investment advice from the company that contacted you or an adviser they suggest, as this may be part of the scam. 

Check they are not a clone – a common scam is to pretend to be a genuine FCA-authorised firm (called a ‘clone firm’).  Always use the contact details on the FCA Register, not the details the firm gives you.

Check the Financial Services Register to make sure that anyone offering you advice or other financial services is FCA authorised, and they are permitted to provide those services regarding pensions.  If you need any help checking, call the FCA Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6768.