The auto-enrolment solution for Northern Ireland

Pension contributions have increased

Posted in General News and Newsletters

By law, from 6 April 2019 the minimum amount employers pay into the Scheme is 3% of qualifying earnings, and the amount staff put in is 5%, bringing the total contributions to 8%.  This increase is expected to give a significant boost to pension savings.

We have provided a template letter which employers can use to remind staff about the contribution increases and to minimise queries.  Click here to view the template Contribution Increase Reminder letter.

Most payroll software will automatically apply the increase; however, it is important that employers ensure that the correct contributions are deducted from pay.

If different contribution levels to the standard auto-enrolment levels are being paid, please inform the Scheme so that the member record is correct.

If payments are already greater than the increased minimum levels, your contributions will not have changed.